Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Break in the Streak this Week

Had to keep the streak alive boys. Hit the lower section of Jfork today. Put in at the horse trailer lot, haven't done this section in a couple of years, but decided to try since a truck was parked at the rangers house. With the volume of water, I was fishing all the "micro" runs. I imagine these are overlooked by most piscators, and sure enough, took my first brookie in a shallow run in the middle of the stream, what a delight. This section is marked by a lot shallow water, but again with all the volume this spring, there were some runs and fish in them. Also a lot of flat water. I was fishing downstream, working a woolly bugger. Caught a number of small mouth and red eye bass. Seemed to only be a couple of fish in each run. There are a couple of deep, long runs in this section where the stream runs up against the mountain but other than one little brown and the small mouth, didn't do much there. Lots of walking through the shallow areas, very pretty, but not too productive.

Took a couple of pictures and video on my blackberry, but can't $%#*$*$ figure out how to get them off. I aint bringing that thing again. Not only is it hard to take pictures with it, but it buzzed to remind me of a meeting I was missing- I don't like that one bit. When you're out you're out man, no electronic leashes to interupt the outdoor experience.

1 comment:

Pablo said...

Kudos.. keeping the streak alive. next time go somewhere where there is not cell reception.. or toss the BBerry in the stream... hee hee