Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Next Generation

So yesterday morning Beth, hopefully, took a big step toward her own fishing blog, obsession with gear, Alaska air miles and yearning for a second career as a guide.  (Well, a man can dream can't he?).  So fresh from that success on a cold, raining afternoon, I hazarded taking Travis for his first trout fishing outing.  You would think that I would have learned my lesson from dragging my oldest son, Jordan, through all types of difficult weather and terrain, usually with limited fish, and only his good nature preserving the experience- that I should choose better weather for Travis- but it should be clearly established by now, that, I aint that smart.

All Ready Tasting Alaska
With snow flakes mixing with the rain, after the first hole and several casts Travis confides, "I'm cold, and to be honest this isn't really that fun." Here we go again, another son ruined.  I took him up to the truck (more on that later) and filled him full of hot chocolate and then we drove over to the pool where Beth had so much success.  I positioned him right in the sweet spot- you can see/ watch the rest.... Yes, that is a lure hanging from the trout's mouth- come on, the scriptures say milk before meat, line upon line precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.


Wait for the Hondo style release.....








No comments: