Monday, April 9, 2007

Of no moral character/work ethic..

In other words....a damn fine piscator! Thank you boys, I'll take that compliment. Ti's a sad time in a man's life when he crosses out a fishing trip for a meeting, and it's not even December. Things are out of whack.
Twas a good day. As you can see, the stream was a bit high and cloudy, but not enough to stop a good bushy dry from doing it's job. I'll spare you the mercy boys, and tell you straight, it was a damn fine day. Not even a nip from the ole flask would have improved this outing. I fished about 200 yards, gathered in many a trout, even hit the proverbial triple play, if only for the lack of Brookies, she'd had let me score a home run!
The fish gods smiled heartily upon my journey that day. Even the Mrs. gave her parting blessing. (Usually a sure sign of disaster) The type of day that may come but once a year, but more often than not, every other year; when the planets align, bait flingers stay home, and solitudes reigns supreme and every cast is a winner. Of this you will know...I can die a satisfied man, until next time that is.

No comments: