Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BC Again etc.. 10/24

O the Joy! Those of you familiar with BC know the feeling of which I write. It was a cold gloomy day, rain threatened and the wind howled. Very first cast brought a decent rainbow to hand foretelling a great day. We started at the "regular" spot, Hondo catching fish after fish by doing the "stimulator dance". Sticking with dries, mainly big ones, we had a productive time. Later in the afternoon a major hatch of bluewings came off. After a time the fish lost interest in the big flies, and thus we switched over to tiny flies. This yielded the big one in the photo to the right. Eventually, I tired of not being able to see my fly, switched back over to a big bushy, and preceded to catch fish after fish in the "honey run". At this point, Hondo was crying for the cold, an begging for us to leave. I had him do jumping jacks while I caught another 3 fish. I finally acquiesced, and we hiked out. Glorious brothers, simply glorious.

No comments: