Monday, June 18, 2007

Updates, New water, New river, broken rod.

Alright, I've updated every one's fishing days, even though you have not added the post of your trip, I thought I'd keep it up to date. This includes Han's broken rod trip, and Micks "new river" trip for small mouth. Below I have posted photos I took ( you guys need to start bring your cameras) from my recent trip. I've told you all the stories already, but I'll post captions by the photos to clue you in on what it was I was photographing. Get ready!! GO!

This is the first Tiger Trout I caught, up in the little tiny meadow stream. The stream was almost identical to the one pictured below, but it goose necked back and forth, instead of being to straight as the one pictured.Another photo of him, laying next to my rod, for proportions sake, notice the girth on that thing. The thing was a literal monster....It wanted my blood.
This was the second Tiger I caught, not quite as large as the first, but every bit as mean. This is Pine Creek, (below) the little cutthroat stream, I mean little as in the size of the stream, not fish. though the first one, was a bit small...then you can see the progression, as I began to key in on where the lunkers were.



Getting larger....
And larger..
and more colorful....
This was the largest Cutt, around 14.
Me, stringing up the fish the Brookie water, elevation 9000ft.
and said brookie..though upstream a bit, you get out of the pocket water, and get into some meadow areas..and the fish became a bit larger...around 12..and for a brookie..good heavens..I'll take that.
And so there's the story...4 new streams...all species of trout..and then some..all within a 30 mile radius. Anyone want to go back? I know I do.




No comments: