Wednesday, June 12, 2013

AK Season Begins

WHEN AIR... Next Stop, King Salmon 5:34 pm June 12
So, it's déjà vu all over again... June, I'm sitting at home and Pablo is right about now in king salmon, staring down the barrel at 4 days on the naknek.  But, it's 10:35 pm in NC, I've been up since 5 am, taking a daughter to the airport for her mission, won't see her for a year and a half.... I'm emotional as a pregnant woman, exhausted, the thought of slogging around in waders till 2 am in the land of the midnight sun (4am EST) doesn't sound appealing.. Nor does the concrete floor of uncle eds "cabin".... So right now, I'm happy to be sleeping in my own bed with only dreams of naknek bows... but tomorrow is another day.




From AK With Love

1 comment:

Pablo said...

We are back! Well, sitting in Anc waiting for a red eye. Full report soon, iffin I can bring myself to speak of it. Pablo out!