Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back to Reality!-2

Good to see I'm not the only one suffering from the whims of the fish gods. I ventured forth on Monday, seeing how it was finally warm outside. I thought I'd just "check" the water clarity. I had to take a trailer, not my dog, but son. Even at 5, his fishing patience is lacking. If you can't hear the audio, he says, "I want to go home, I'm tired of fishing."
The gate was locked, so I jumped right in and started flinging away. I didn't even see any fish, strange that. Thought maybe I was fishing behind some chump, but I could see upstream quite a ways, and no one in sight. Alas, I finally found a couple trout rising to a caddis hatch.. I stung one, and that was it. I actually had to put on a dropper, of all things.. I quickly hooked two decent sized ones, but that was it for the day.
Where I quit, there was a huge tree that has recently fallen, creating a very deep pool. So I took a photo, I know, boring. As Dixon and I were walking back to the car, someone came strolling up from behind us, yes, an angler. Explained a lot. He said he had fished from the gate way on up. His rod was strung with the "N-word", explains why he only caught 4 he said. Ah well, end of story. No more kids next time, for sure, bout as bad as dogs.

2 comments:

The Gov'na said...

BLASPHAMY!- I hope you washed that boys mouth out with soap real good!

You know, it's a good thing your streams out there have nice trout in them, cause they sure is ugly! Looks like your fishing in a ditch or something!

Pablo said...

I hear yah.. spring time fishing in the Rockies is UGLY. I agree. But at least they are not flowing with acid rain.
I dunked the boy, taught him a lesson or two.