Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'd walk (or drive) 500 miles..




Ahh, the old Hobble Creek. Like old friends getting back together, it was nice to be on Hobble again. Slightly overcast, 50 deg. I started below the golf course, just wanted to get on the water quick.
Here's the skinny. fished about an hour, caught 8 or so.. had a great time. Then i quickly headed down south.. way down south, St. George way. Caught rumor of a couple nice streams, had to check them out. OK, i had paintings to drop off in S.G., but what the hey..


Here's some video from Hobble.


There are some nice browns in Hobble. Most of what i caught was in the 10-12" range, but there quite a few nicer fish. I'm amazed at how much this stream looks like LHF. Now to head SOUTH, way South, to Dixie.


I found the pull out to the next stream I wanted to fish, North of S.G., it was around 7pm, and the dirt road was closed to vehicles. But what beautiful scenery.. watch the video. I may be partial to fishing in the desert amid redrocks and junipers.. so different than alpine scenery.The walk in looked to be 2-4 miles.. so i decided to save this stream for another day. It looked good, well ok, i couldn't actually see it, but it was remote, off the beaten path... just ready for exploration. I drove into S.G. got business taken care of and then drove out to another stream that I could actually drive to. Little stream, would be the optimal word here. but still... where's there's running water, I shall cast a line. And did, and caught a small cutt. The sun set, the light faded but I fished till I could no longer see, caught several small cutts, amid the redrock backdrop, even caught a 8" cutt, in the last hole.




This stream (in the video) will haunt my dreams until I can return. I'm thinking May. Anyone up for that?

Not sure when run off is, or if they have run off in the desert, but I feel the need to r-u-n-n-o-f-t....

No comments: