Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring-

Wish I could tell you boys I had a helluva day, and caught many fish, alas, it was not to be. It was one of those days were you work hard, fall hard, stumble around, curse flies and fish.... but ultimately, you land a trout, and it's all worth it. Such was the case today. It was just good to be outside.. fishing were there is not a chance of anyone fishing above or below you. No motorcycles nor four wheelers.. just you and water.

The 411: Fished above Porcupine. Weather, 45-50 deg. Water a bit glacial colored. Fish, not many. After fruitlessly plumbing the lower end of the stream, I was about to call it quits. Something in the back of my mind, questioned whether I should head upstream, to the open area, get out of this pocket water. Thus I did. It was only a short jaunt from where I ended in the pocket water, to the open grassy area near the girls camp. The first run I cast into I hooked the below featured trout. No skunk for Pablo.

Shortly thereafter, I retired for the day, glad to have been out, and to have landed a trout. All in all, the new gear (I've become a gear whore) worked quite well. The waders were great, breathed nicely. The chest pack was wonderful. The hat, light and comfortable. My feet, cold. Still working on that dilemma. Went directly to town, and the local Roundrocks fly shop, and bought more gear. YES!

Till next time... adieu.

3 comments:

The Gov'na said...

ps. that underwater footage is pretty funny- that'll be a whole new video demention we can explore in AK...I like the survivor man style. You should've eaten the trout live, that would a been sweet.

Pablo said...

dang, should have eaten it! I forgot to mention in the post how I was halfway to the stream and called the Mule to gloat.. and mentioned breaking in the waders.. when the mentioning of said waders reminded me that I had forgotten!! my wading boots! DRAT!.. UGGHH

Pablo said...

ps.. i didn't eat the trout, but i sucked the roe out of it!!! camera lost battery power at that time though.