Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good for the Soul

When one walks outside on a clear day in March (intending to work) and is greeted by the sun and a warm 55 degree breeze, there is but one thing to do. Make a mad dash back into the house gathering fly rod/waders/boots/vest/hat/(what'd I forget?) throwing them all pell mell into the back of the fish mobile and lay rubber all the way to the stream.


What a day! I shan't bore you with all the details... suffice it to say I shared time with mule deer, a gaggle of wild turkey's and a few willing trout. The glorious sun shone, giving me hope that the dark days of winter were at last waning. Oh the crunch of crusted snow.... the cool water lapping about my legs... brrrr. that's a bit too cold... damn, that's cold... what the ??
A nice tear in the waders! The fish Gods smiled as if at an inside joke.. knowing full well I'd just cyber-visited the great of Halls of all Things Cabelas, therein buying a brand spanking new set of waders!!! Glory be! Only one week till they are in my greedy little hands.
Speaking of hands, you know the saying.... "a cold trout in the hand is worth... what?" Fill in the blank.
I cannot put into words the nourishment to my hell bound soul, to be back in the water after such a long and cold winter. Like the Gov'na says, "it's all about just being there". Boys, I make you all a commitment right now, I will be there a whole lot more.......

1 comment:

The Gov'na said...

Pablo,
That must've been a mad dash to be there a back so quick, welcome to my world of drash n' drift. Obviously the rush didn't keep you from finding the rhythm, well done.