Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cherokee People...



Cherokee tribe....So, my buddies here in the ward had grown tired of my weekly fishing reports in priesthood, so they decided to call me on it! Frank took the bull by the horns and got us camp site at the Cherokee reservation, we loaded up his pop up camper and headed out on Thursday morning, after a meeting I had. It was raining and miserable that afternoon and none of us faired well. But an eerie thing happened the next morning... After we survived a night of steady down pour and I dominated the Hearts game (I only cheated on one hand, late in the game when everyone was tired, I sat on the queen as all the spaids were played out and threw her on an unsespecting hand a few rounds later...). Anyway, as we milled around the next morning, assessing the "sitcheeashun" up drives a big tanker truck and out jump two guys who scoop out a big net of fish and chuck them in the run right behind our camp site... "You aint in wild water any more dorothy".

Well, that's about the story. We hit some othe spots without a lot of luck, it was shoulder to shoulder, you'd be working a stretch of water and a truck would pull up and two dudes would jump out and come down next to you and start throwing away! We spent most the day in the camp taking turns pulling them out of our spot. Someone got some pictures of the cooler full- but I didn't. We had a great time! My buddy Bill, pictured above, had a great experience matching the hatch and catching some hold over or wild fish late Thursday evening. That may have been his first time seeing them come up and take a dry fly, he was ecstatic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who got the pic. for a small fee I can send you the copy,,, hee hee hee. or better yet add me to the possie and its yours for free thanks Mongo