Saturday, April 30, 2011

Midnight on the Kvichak

Funny when the year mark is creeping up on a trip, all pain, sorrow and suffering is forgotten, all fish are big, the weather is great, the companionship unparalleled and you want to go back in the worst way.. THEN you watch the footage! Not even that snickers bar (number 26 as I recall) could improve Pablo's mood. THIS, THIS is why we are the UNGUIDED.

I'm reading my fish journal from before and after this trip. I am hoping that all this experience is teaching me to slow down, enjoy the moment, whatever it may be and just let it flow. I've spent so many years and trips all keyed up and anxious- creating totally unrealistic expectations in my mind which must invariably be dashed and only in hindsight can I appreciate what did happen.

No comments: