Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patty's day fishing

OK, OK, I admit I was not thinking the other day....but no harm done..it was correctable. But just think...some "kiss and tell" fool has given us many nice streams..ie..gooseberry (not that great anymore, so I will mention it) and of course our beloved "BS". So I ask, where would we be without a few kiss and tellers? Right O.
I took off on Saturday..up left hand fork..I knew there would be many "heathens" running around flinging bait to and fro, but knowing the gate was still locked, I brought the old bicycle along. I rode in a few miles..passing all the lesser and bi-peddle fisherman en route to clear virgin water. I tell ya brothers..there's nothing like fishing "new" water that has yet to be sullied by the hoards that descend upon water that has a road running stream side. I caught many, many fish...they were rising here and there, all browns. Had an excellent day, minus the fact that I stumbled miserably due to having no felt on the bottom of my wading boots. Tis time to replace that 15 year old pair. Cabelas here I come.

No comments: